Jacob A. Howser
Are you a high school or college student interested in Fire, EMS, Nursing, or Exercise Science?
The Jacob A. Howser Memorial Scholarship was made in remembrance of Jacob Howser, a 2011 graduate of Pocomoke High School. This scholarship is aimed to assist future Emergency Medical Providers and/or Firefighters who share the same passion as Jacob. The Scholarship will award one applicant $1,500. This scholarship can be awarded twice at the discretion of the application committee.
Please download a copy of the application and return it by March 18th, 2022. All details are listed within the application.
- Cover sheet
- Two-letter of recommendation from a teacher, guidance counselor, School Administrator, or Fire/EMS company officer.
- Include sealed or signed transcript
- GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Minimum 500-word essay describing which field you will pursue and why you have chosen the Fire Service, Paramedicine, and/or Exercise Science. Please include in your essay why you feel you should be award this scholarship.
- The acceptance letter from the EMT, Paramedic, Fire Science, Nursing, or Exercise Science Programs. (Submit upon receiving which could be after the due date).
- High School and College student applicants must live in the Tri-county area of Worcester, Somerset, and/or Wicomico Counties.
- Applicant must be enrolling in EMT, Paramedic, working towards a Fire Science degree, Nursing or Exercise Science Degree