Community Center

Company Events



There are currently no events posted



Donations

Help us to continue making a difference in the Pocomoke community by making a tax deductible donation to Pocomoke City Volunteer Fire Co.

paypal

Knox Box


A Knox Box allows our fire company to quickly gain access to your property in an emergency.

Our Mission

The mission of the Pocomoke City Fire Company is to protect the lives and property of Pocomoke City and its surrounding area, through emergency response, education, and prevention.

Photo Gallery

Structure Fire - Unionville Rd.
Sunday, June 23, 2019

On 6/23/19 at 6:04 pm the PCVFC along with automatic mutual aid companies were alerted for a residential structure fire in the 1500 block of Unionville Road. Initial reports from dispatch indicated a neighbor saw smoke coming from the rear windows of an abandoned structure. Command 1, Engine 102, Tower 1, and Tanker 1 responded. Assisting companies were later placed in service while still en-route. Chief Gladding arrived in Command 1 and found a light smoke condition coming from the rear of the structure on the first floor. Chief Gladding established command and began investigating further. A small amount of fire under a side door of the structure was observed and was able to be knocked down with a fire extinguisher. Engine 102 arrived and the crew stretched a 1 & 3/4” hose-line and made entry into the structure to investigate and extinguish remaining fire and embers. The crew from Tower 1 searched the second floor and attic for any unknown victims / occupants and for extension in the walls from the fire. The crew from Engine 102 found where a small fire had burnt the area under the exterior side door and floor in that room. The floor joists were compromised in the area of the fire and a partial floor collapse had occurred. Crews used a thermal imager to confirm the fire had not spread any further than the room of origin. Crews soaked the area down to ensure the fire was out and used a portable fan to evacuate the remaining light smoke out of the structure. This incident is being investigated by the Worcester County Fire Marshal’s office.


Views: 9

Views: 10

Views: 11

Views: 9

Views: 9

Views: 10

Views: 9

Views: 9

Views: 11